Interested in attending a PLANET training?
Learn how to find, adapt, and implement proven health solutions that meet your community’s needs!
If you plan or run health programs in community or faith-based settings, attending a PLANET MassCONECT training can help you learn how to use effective, research-tested programs—also called evidence-based programs or EBPs.
EBPs can help you to make the most of your funds and resources. Our step-by-step approach can help you find EBPs best suited for the groups you work with and the goals you want to accomplish.
Who should attend?
- Program planners/managers
- Community-based organization staff
- Faith-based organization and health ministry staff
Our training, developed in partnership with community leaders, will allow you to:
- Increase your program’s impact and gain credibility by using evidence-based programs (EBPs)
- Address disparities by ensuring your communities benefit from available evidence
- Access tools to succeed, including our innovative Resource Finder to help you find local data and resources to implement your program
- Get free technical assistance from our team to help you successfully plan
- Customize EBPs to ensure that there is a fit between community needs, your program, and available resources
- Build upon your organization’s expertise for greatest program effect
- Plan and implement program evaluations more easily
- Be more competitive for grants by using EBPs
- Use limited resources efficiently with proven programs and planning methods
- Bring science, your own knowledge, and community context together
Fill out our short application form to attend.
Interested in attending an upcoming training?
Already attended a training?
Technical assistance for trainees
If you have completed the PLANET training and need support in using our systematic approach to program planning, we are here to help!
Please contact Aileene Maldonado (617-632-6142) or email@example.com OR Carmenza Bruff (617-785-0314 or firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to hearing from you.
Access training materials
Biobanking Mini-grant Training Slides (7/24/2019)
Biobanking Background Information (7/24/2019)
Biobanking Small Group Discussion Guide (7/24/2019)
Boston PLANET training (9/26/2018) Morning Session PDF
Boston PLANET training (9/26/2018) Afternoon Session PDF
Lawrence PLANET training (5/23/2018) Morning Session PDF
Lawrence PLANET training (5/23/2018) Afternoon Session PDF